Oftentimes, it can be difficult to keep growing as leader. We go through difficult times just like everyone else. So, how can a lead maintain consistent personal growth in their lives? Here are a few quick easy ideas:
- Have a strategic plan for growth– Look, the reason we struggle growing consistently is that we probably do not have a plan for growth. If we do have a plan, it is because we failed to work that plan. Have a plan. What do you think growth looks like? How do you think you can grow? Have a plan and work that plan.
- Don’t stop reading– In leadership, there are times where you lose time to read, but never cease to read. Sure, one day I may read for 2 hours, another day, I am may read for 15 minutes. Always be reading!
- Surround yourself with growing people– Surround yourself with the type of people who will sharpen your personal development. Be around people who are growing so that can burn something in you.
- Take risks– One of the things that grow me the most is when I try something crazy for God. Now, make sure He is on board, but do not be afraid to take risk, or you will plateau early in your leadership.
- Schedule your day– I have a schedule. I used to have no schedule, but now I finally am scheduling my life a bit better. Smart phones have created the means to do this in such a helpful way. Schedule your day and be organized about it. When I do not have a schedule, I always tend to get less done.