Leaders are readers. I believe that. The best leaders are really good readers. So, if you want to be a leader, you better learn to be a reader. This is something that I am trying to develop in my life, but I will admit, it has been off and on. I go through seasons where I am reading a lot, and then seasons where I read very little. I am seeking to be more consistent, but here are the books that I am currently reading or going to read next:
- Vintage Church by Mark Driscoll– I am currently reading this, but with the new position that I have taken, you will see a major theme in my reading over the next few months- the CHURCH. I am reading and trying to educate myself more on the entire church. This book is filled with heavy content regarding the church. Mark is a great pastor, and growing as a pastor. He has great insight on the church in his book.
- Dangerous Calling by Paul Tripp– This was a book that was recommended to me over a year ago. I put it on the radar, but picked it up recently. I have not started it yet, but looking forward to the read considering it will challenge me as a pastor.
- Vertical Church by James McDonald– James is one of my favorite preachers. I love his style, and he has great content. I also read from his blog regularly as well. Great leader and a great pastor.
- Center Church by Tim Keller– Tim needs no introduction. The guy is unreal. Some say he is a modern-day C.S. Lewis, and I would tend to agree. He is an excellent pastor and writer. I love his emphasis on the city, and reaching that city. This book is all about that. It is a rather large read so it should take some time to get through it.
- Transformational Discipleship by Eric Geiger– I have been working through this series of books that are written to challenge church leaders to see the transforming power of Christ in their people. Looking forward to this book as it challenges readers to see how people really grow in the local church.
What books are you reading? I would love to know.