I hope that you are doing great today. I hope that your student is enjoying the Grove. I love working with your kids. I hope that they enjoy it as much as me. Please feel free to give me positive or negative feedback as to how your student feels about the Grove. We want to be active in meeting the needs that they have.
Parenting Article: I constantly am reading. I try to read about youth ministry, leadership, marriage, and parenting. I want to read so that I can be better at these areas of my life. I came across a rather short, but practical article for parents recently that might encourage and convict you. In fact, this one hit me between the eyes as it relates to my family. Check it out here- http://caryschmidt.com/2012/10/a-question-every-parent-should-ask/
Team Peru Info: We had a tremendous turn out for the Peru meal this past week. Thanks to everyone who served at the meal. Remember to be at each meal to get credit. Also, I need you to turn in your $75 (non refundable) deposit into me ASAP. Also, students if you have not gotten your teacher recommendations, please get those to me as well. Our next fund-raiser is coming up with a Chick Fil A night on November 4th. Please come out and support it, and invite everyone you know to join us.
Upcoming WOL @ the Grove Lessons:
October 30– No Grove (Missions Conference in Sanctuary)
November 6– Spiritual Gifts (Speaker- Jeremy Pollard)/ we kick off discussing Teens Involved
November 13– Teens Involved Night (Speaker- Brian Baker) / we will be discussing Teens Involved and how they can get involved.
November 20– Have it your Way Christianity / Students will be challenged to allow the principles of God’s Word to govern their daily decisions and determine to obey them.
November 27– No Grove (Happy Thanksgiving)
Our Upcoming Events (I attached a calendar of events document to this message for you to print- this is completely updated):
- November 4 – Team Peru Chick Fil A Night – This is to raise money for Team Peru. Come out to Chick Fil A on Peter’s Creek Parkway from 5-8 pm and tell the cashier you are with Union Grove.
- November 16 – Community Outreach – 10 am until 1 pm. Bring $7 for Dario’s for lunch. Guys need to wear jeans and a collared shirt. Girls can wear modest pants and a modest top.
- December 9 – Distribute Christmas Cards – Meet in the church sanctuary at 6 pm to distribute cards. Bring $5 for pizza/drinks/chips.
- December 14 – Progressive Dinner– This will be from 5-9 pm. The cost is FREE for everyone. If you would like to take one of the meals in this, please see me ASAP.
- December 21 – Christmas Caroling – This is our community outreach for the month of December. We will meet for dinner and then go out to Christmas. Carol. Please meet at the church at 5 pm, and we will return at 10 pm.
- January 19 – Parent/Leader Luncheon – This will be from 12:15 pm until 2 pm. It is pot luck and you can R.S.V.P. online.
- January 24 – Grove Ski Retreat – Price for skiing- $40 / Price for Snowboarding- $55 / Price for Tubing- $35. These all for the entire day. We will leave the church at 11:30 and return at 2 am. Please see the attached form if interested.
- February 2 – 6th – 8th Grade Gym Night – This will be after the evening service. Bring $5 for pizza/chips/drinks
- February 22 – Area Teens Involved – This will be an all day event at Piedmont International University involving all those who have signed up for Teens Involved.
- April 5 – Regional Teens Involved – This will be an all day event…More Details to come.
I am trying to keep you as informed as possible! I hope that this newsletter is a help to you. Let me know if you have any questions about the Grove and its events. Have a great weekend!
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
W: 336-764-2103 C: 336-953-6427 F: 336-764-8657
Connect with Josh: