I hope that you are doing great today. We had a blast Wednesday with your students, and we got the year kicked off right.
Parent Resource: Ever wonder what to do when our kids get a social media account? Here are a few helpful guidelines to help you navigate to finding a helpful boundary. Here is the link: https://joshhevans.com/2013/08/22/social-media-guidelines-for-parents/
August 28– Sermon Topic- The Importance of a Daily Quiet Time
September 4– Sermon Topic- He was there all of the Time- Speaking about the eternality of God
September 11– Sermon Topic- God the Son at Work
Our Upcoming Events:
- September 7 – Family Fun Festival – 3-7 pm at the church/ we are in need of student volunteers to help with the inflatable’s. Please message me if interested.
- September 8 – Team Peru Meeting – This will be the introductory meeting for all 10-12th grade students, parents, and leaders interested in going to Peru this summer for our mission trip. The meeting will be after the pm service in the hospitality room.
- September 14 – Photo Scavenger Hunt- The times of this event are 5-10 pm, and the cost is $5 per person. We will need many leaders attending this event.
- September 15 – Parent/Leader Luncheon – This will be held in the cafeteria on Sunday, September 15th from 12:15 pm to 2:00 pm. All parents and leaders need to make plans to be a part of the luncheon. It will be a pot luck style so please make plans to bring a dish. We will have sign ups a couple of weeks in advance.
- September 20-21 – Student Leadership Retreat– This retreat will be in Asheboro, NC. The cost per person is $20. This will include everything. We will be staying at a church camp in cabins. More details to follow. Note: We will leave after the Union Grove games on the 20th, and return Saturday evening, the 21st.
- October 3&4 – Serving North Davidson Football Teams – More information to come.
- October 5 – Bigger/Better Event- This event will be from 5-10 pm, please meet in the fellowship hall. The cost is $5 per person to attend. We will need many leaders signing up for this event.
- October 12 – Community Service Event- Rescue Mission
- October 26 – Liberty University Football game & Scaremare- We will be going to the Scaremare at Liberty. The cost will be $10 per student. Each student must bring money for fast food on top of the $10 to go through the Scaremare. We will leave the church at around 3 pm and return at 2 am.
- November 16 – Community Outreach
- December 7 – Progressive Dinner– This will be from 5-9 pm. The cost is FREE for everyone. If you would like to take one of the meals in this, please see me at anytime.
- December 14 – Christmas Caroling – This is our community outreach for the month of December. We will meet for dinner and then go out to Christmas carol.
- January 24 – Grove Ski Retreat – More details to follow. Estimated price for skiing- $40 and estimated price for tubing is $25.
EMAIL/TEXTING List: I send out regular emails and texts, and if you are not on the list, please message me, and I can add you to the list. I had all parents fill out a communication card Wednesday night, but if you or someone you know was not there, and they do not receive my regular email updates or regular texting updates, they can sign up by sending me a direct message.
I am trying to keep you as informed as possible! I hope that this newsletter helps you. We support our parents, and we pray for you often! Let us know if you have any questions about the Grove or youth ministry. Have a great weekend, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
W: 336-764-2103 C: 336-953-6427 F: 336-764-8657
Connect with Josh: