I hope that you are doing well. I apologize for not getting this newsletter out on Friday, but I am just getting around to sending it out. Let me say a huge “thank you” to all who came out to the Parent Night. That was awesome, and I appreciate your participation and involvement.
Parent Resource: Modesty is so difficult in today’s culture, and it has gotten worse and worse. I saw this article about modesty and guidelines on modesty, and felt like I would share that with our parents so that they can have an idea of some reasonable guidelines for their teenage girls. Here is the link: http://michaelhyatt.com/whatever-happened-to-modesty.html
WOL Kick Off @ the Grove: This Wednesday is not a night your students should miss. Make plans now to have them at the Grove as we kick off another year of Word of Life. It is going to be a fantastic year, and I am looking forward to all that God is going to do. Make sure that your student has $20 to purchase a book for the year as we will be using it consistently this year. I am encouraging every student to purchase a book this year.
August 21– WOL Kick Off @ the Grove (Sermon Topic- Salvation)
August 28– Sermon Topic- The Importance of a Daily Quiet Time
September 4– Sermon Topic- He was there all of the Time- Speaking about the eternality of God
September 11– Sermon Topic- God the Son at Work
Our Upcoming Events:
- August 31 – Community Outreach – We will be knocking on doors in the community. Make plans to be there, and bring your students. The time will be from 10 am until 12 pm and then we will do lunch. Each person attending needs to bring money for a fast food lunch.
- September 8 – Team Peru Meeting – This will be the introductory meeting for all 10-12th grade students, parents, and leaders interested in going to Peru this summer for our mission trip. The meeting will be after the pm service in the hospitality room.
- September 14 – Photo Scavenger Hunt- The times of this event are 5-10 pm, and the cost is $5 per person. We will need many leaders attending this event.
- September 15 – Parent/Leader Luncheon – This will be in the cafeteria from 12:15 pm until 2:00 pm. This is pot luck style so bring something. Childcare will be provided.
- September 20-21 – Student Leadership Retreat– This retreat will be in Asheboro, NC. The cost per person is $20. This will include everything. We will be staying at a church camp in cabins. More details to follow. Note: We will leave after the Union Grove games on the 20th, and return Saturday evening, the 21st.
- October 5 – Bigger/Better Event- This event will be from 5-10 pm, please meet in the fellowship hall. The cost is $5 per person to attend. We will need many leaders signing up for this event.
- October 12 – Community Service Event-
- December 7 – Progressive Dinner- This will be from 5-9 pm. The cost is FREE for everyone. If you would like to take one of the meals in this, please see me at anytime.
- December 14 – Christmas Caroling – This is our community outreach for the month of December. We will meet for dinner and then go out to Christmas carol.
- January 24 – Grove Ski Retreat – More details to follow. Estimated price for skiing- $40 and estimated price for tubing is $25.
EMAIL/TEXTING List: I send out regular emails and texts, and if you are not on the list, please message me, and I can add you to the list. I had all parents fill out a communication card Wednesday night, but if you or someone you know was not there, and they do not receive my regular email updates or regular texting updates, they can sign up by sending me a direct message.
I am trying to keep you as informed as possible! I hope that this newsletter helps you. We support our parents, and we pray for you often! Let us know if you have any questions about the Grove or youth ministry. Have a great weekend, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
W: 336-764-2103 C: 336-953-6427 F: 336-764-8657
Connect with Josh: