I hope that you are doing well. I am stoked because it is Parent Night @ the Grove this week. Read the rest of this article, and you will hear much more about this special night for parents. I hope that this newsletter informs and helps you today.
Parent Resource: Music is so important for people. We all enjoy music, especially teenagers. As a teenager, I struggled mightily with music, and even hid some raunchy music from my parents without them knowing. Music is very dangerous to the mind. I did a little bit of research on top music recently, and shared a few reviews on my blog for you. You can go here to check out the review about Miley Cyrus’ new song, “We can’t Stop.” You can also go here to check out Justin Timberlake’s recent song entitled, “Tunnel Vision.”
Parent Night @ the Grove: This is a night that we do every year for parents. The date is Wednesday evening, August 14th. This meeting gets us on the same page as we begin a busy year of ministry with your students. Please make plans to be here on this night. The time is 6:30 pm until 8 pm. We will have light snacks. You also will need to purchase a WOL Book for your student ($20) for the year. We will be using them throughout the year. We will be informing you of the vision and program of the Grove as well. Make plans to be there! The meeting will be held in the fellowship hall.
August 14– Parent Night at the Grove (All parents are encouraged to attend)
August 21– WOL Kick Off @ the Grove (Sermon Topic- Salvation)
August 28– Sermon Topic- The Importance of a Daily Quiet Time
September 4– Sermon Topic- He was there all of the Time- Speaking about the eternality of God
September 11– Sermon Topic- God the Son at Work
Our Upcoming Events:
- August 14 – Parent Night @ the Grove – This will be in the fellowship hall from 6:30 pm until 8:00 pm. Teenagers will go into the main service.
- August 31 – Community Outreach – We will be knocking on doors in the community. Make plans to be there, and bring your students. The time will be from 10 am until 12 pm and then we will do lunch. Each person attending needs to bring money for a fast food lunch.
- September 8 – Team Peru Meeting – This will be the introductory meeting for all 10-12th grade students, parents, and leaders interested in going to Peru this summer for our mission trip. The meeting will be after the pm service in the hospitality room.
- September 14 – Photo Scavenger Hunt- The times of this event are 5-10 pm, and the cost is $5 per person. We will need many leaders attending this event.
- September 15 – Parent/Leader Luncheon – This will be in the cafeteria from 12:15 pm until 2:00 pm. This is pot luck style so bring something. Childcare will be provided.
- September 20-21 – Student Leadership Retreat– This retreat will be in Asheboro, NC. The cost per person is $20. This will include everything. We will be staying at a church camp in cabins. More details to follow. Note: We will leave after the Union Grove games on the 20th, and return Saturday evening, the 21st.
- October 5 – Bigger/Better Event- This event will be from 5-10 pm, please meet in the fellowship hall. The cost is $5 per person to attend. We will need many leaders signing up for this event.
- October 12 – Community Service Event-
- October 19 – Liberty University Football game & Scaremare- This is tentative, and we will have an exact date and cost for this ASAP.
- December 7 – Progressive Dinner– This will be from 5-9 pm. The cost is FREE for everyone. If you would like to take one of the meals in this, please see me at anytime.
- December 14 – Christmas Caroling – This is our community outreach for the month of December. We will meet for dinner and then go out to Christmas carol.
- January 24 – Grove Ski Retreat – More details to follow. Estimated price for skiing- $40 and estimated price for tubing is $25.
If you know of a parent that has not given me their email address, please have them contact me so that I can get this newsletter out to them regularly throughout the year. I am trying to keep you as informed as possible! I hope that this newsletter helps you. We support our parents, and we pray for you often! Let us know if you have any questions about the Grove or youth ministry. Have a great weekend, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
P.S. I hope to see all of you at the parent night this Wednesday!
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
W: 336-764-2103 C: 336-953-6427 F: 336-764-8657
Connect with Josh: