I hope that you are doing well today. Some of you are stressing out for your kids as we finish the end of the school year. Exams are upon us, and I am praying for your student to finish strong. We are also looking forward to the summer. The summer is a fun time in our youth ministry. We will have service each Wednesday night (unless otherwise noted), and usually will have a game afterward. We will text the students if it is going to be a water game. I encourage parents to ENCOURAGE your kids to stay faithful through the summer program. We have a lot of fun stuff planned for the summer.
Parent Resource: Once again, I am sharing a blog post for your reading. It is about music. The post is entitled, “What ITunes reveals about teenagers.” I encourage you to check it out. This is a bit of an older article that I came across this week. All of us are drawn to music, and it is important that we have an idea of the music that is available for our students. It is quite scary. Click here to read the article.
May 22– No Grove- Baccalaureate service in main auditorium at 7:00 pm
May 29– Summer Sizzlers begin- new schedule is 6:30-8:00 pm
Our next leadership meeting: Our next leadership meeting will be on Sunday, May 26th. This will be after the pm service, and I highly encourage all leaders to attend. Don’t miss since this is the last meeting of the Word of Life year. We will not have a meeting until August.
Our Upcoming Events:
- May 28 – Cook out at Pastor Josh’s & Mrs. Abby’s for rising 7th-8th graders – This event will be a free cookout for all families of these grades. We will have soccer, volleyball, and corn hole going for the families. Bring your own lawn chair. Please R.S.V.P. to Pastor Josh by Sunday, May 26th.
- June 1 – Alpine Bible Camp Golf Tournament – This will be held at Lexington Country Club. All proceeds will go to benefit the students attending Alpine Bible Camp this summer. Please go here for more information.
- June 3 – Chick Fil A Camp – This is to benefit those going to Alpine Bible camp. Please come out to Chick Fil A on Peter’s Creek Parkway from 5-8 pm to support the students. Do not forget to tell the cashier that you are with Union Grove.
- June 5 – Church Wide Fellowship Meal – This is to benefit the students going to Alpine Bible Camp this summer. The meal will be served in the cafeteria from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
- July 8-13 – Alpine Bible Camp – On July 8-13, we will be changing the location of youth camp. For years, we have attended Word of Life Camp in Hudson, FL, and we are going to change that up and attend Alpine camp in West Virginia. It is closer and less expensive so hopefully many of your students can attend. Let me encourage you to make this a priority for your student. I understand that we are busy, but this can be a life changing and extremely fun event for your student, and they will come back different from when they went. The cost is $260.00 per student, and leaders can go for $100.00. Activities include white water rafting, paintball, rope climbing, rock climbing, and much more. Hope your student makes plans to attend. R.S.V.P. via facebook here! We will have a meeting with all those attending and their parents on Sunday night, April 14th.
- July 25-27 – Love our City – We are working on the logistics of this event, but the event will begin Thursday morning, July 25th and conclude Saturday evening, July 27th. We are ironing out the cost of the event (estimated- $60), but it is going to be extremely fun and missional. We will be going to Carowinds, Trampoline Park, and serving in the community for this event. We also will be playing Capture the Flag as well.
- August 2 – Leadership Seminar – This will be held at the fellowship hall that evening. Dinner will be served. All Grove leaders for the next year need to be in attendance as we discuss ideas and vision for the upcoming year.
- August 21 – Word of Life Kick Off @ The Grove – This is always an exciting night as we kick off the Grove for another year.
- October 19 – Liberty Football Game and Scaremare – We will be going to Liberty University for their football homecoming game and then going to their Scaremare. We will get the cost to you soon. We will be leaving the church at 12:00 noon and returning at midnight.
I am trying to keep you as informed as possible! I hope that this newsletter helps you. Remember to contact your students outside of Wednesday night’s every single week. This is extremely important in seeing life change in the lives of the students. It is through relationships. I pray for you regularly, and love serving with you. If you ever need anything, let me know. We are always here to assist you guys in ministering and in life in general.
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
Connect with Josh: