- Prayer– If you are a volunteer in the youth ministry, your youth pastor or director needs prayer. Pray for them daily youth leaders. Youth Pastors need pray for their personal spiritual development, leadership development, and decision-making.
- Ownership– I get asked a billion questions a day. Leaders, do not be afraid to take ownership of a situation. Youth Pastor’s cannot possibly handle every situation so leaders, step up and take ownership of certain situations that can be handled.
- Support– Support your youth pastor. Do not question every decision that the youth pastor makes, but instead support the decisions that he makes. If you have a question about a decision, ask privately, not publicly. Support the youth pastor to other youth leaders and your students. Do not ever degrade the youth pastor or his decisions to your students or other youth leaders.
- Parent Involvement– All youth leaders should be an extension of the youth pastor. So, if the youth pastor wants to connect with families so should the youth leaders. Small group leaders, go out of your comfort zone to meet families. This is your job as much as the youth pastor.
- Friendship– Some of my greatest friendships are the leaders of our student ministry. Youth pastors need friendships, and leaders can give it to them. Love them and befriend them!