I hope that you are doing well today. Let me just say up front that I appreciate you and everything that you do for the Grove. Just you being faithful in sending your students to the Grove are a huge encouragement to our family and our ministry! If we can ever help you, please let me know.
Here is some information that you need to be aware of:
One Change that you need to be aware of: This Wednesday night, my brother-in-law, Kelly Johnson will be in town speaking to the students. Kelly is the family pastor at Parkview Baptist Church in Palm Coast, FL. He has many years of experience in student ministry. He will encourage and be a great speaker for our students to listen too. Please pray for him and the students.
Prayer Requests: Please pray for Haley Edwards’s mom, Teresa. She is having a battle with cancer, and has had a rough week. Haley is a student in the Grove.
Quiet Time Booklets: Parents, I would love some feedback on the new quiet time format that we adopted during the month of March. If you would drop me a quick line of positive or negative feedback that would be helpful. I would love to know if it generated more interest from your students. I have attached this week’s quiet time booklet to this email for you to check it out if you would like.
Teens Involved Practice Times: If your student signed up for puppets, they must be in the auditorium at 5:00 pm on Sunday afternoons for practice. This practice is every week. If your student has signed up to participate in drama, we have practice every Wednesday afternoon. The JR high practices until 4:00 until 4:30 pm every Wednesday, and the SR high practices until 4:30 until 5:00 pm every Wednesday. If you are unsure at what your student signed up for, please check the attached list, and that will tell you. It is important that you have your student there on time for practice.
Our Upcoming Events:
- April 4-6 – Student Summit – Everyone’s completed payment must be in by Wednesday, April 3rd.
- April 7 – Pizza Party – This is for all of those who maintained 4 out of the 7 days a week for the month of March in their new Quiet Time booklets. This will be after the evening service in the gymnasium. We will have pizza, and play games in the gym. It is going to be tons of fun. Encourage your students to do their devotions, and get this free pizza party.
- April 14 – Meeting with those going to Alpine Bible Camp – This meeting will be held after the evening service. If you have a teenager going to camp this summer, we need you at this meeting to discuss money and fund-raisers.
- April 19-20 – Regional Teens Involved – Leaders, if I have given you a specific responsibility for Teens Involved, please begin working and getting with the students to assist on that. April is coming up quickly, and it is important that we start getting these students ready!
- July 8-13 – Alpine Bible Camp – On July 8-13, we will be changing the location of youth camp. For years, we have attended Word of Life Camp in Hudson, FL, and we are going to change that up and attend Alpine camp in West Virginia. It is closer and less expensive so hopefully many of your students can attend. Let me encourage you to make this a priority for your student. I understand that we are busy, but this can be a life changing and extremely fun event for your student, and they will come back different from when they went. The cost is $250.00 per student, and leaders can go for $100.00. Activities include white water rafting, paintball, rope climbing, rock climbing, and much more. Hope your student makes plans to attend. R.S.V.P. via facebook here! We will have a meeting with all families interested in sending their students to camp on Sunday night, April 14. Please make plans to attend!!
- July 25-27 – Love our City – We are combining the “Love our City” and “Operation Getaway” events together this year. This will be an opportunity to serve in our community as well as have a lot of fun. More information to come as we get closer.
I am trying to keep you as informed as possible! I hope that this newsletter helps you. Remember to contact your students outside of Wednesday night’s every single week. This is extremely important in seeing life change in the lives of the students. It is through relationships. I pray for you regularly, and love serving with you. If you ever need anything, let me know. We are always here to assist you guys in ministering and in life in general.
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
W: 336-764-2103 C: 336-953-6427 F: 336-764-8657
Connect with Josh: