Here are some quick dont’s about social media:
- Don’t Post when you are angry– This is obvious, but so many people do this. When a teenager is upset with another, you can tell on facebook or twitter. It is the same way with adults. When a parent is upset at one of their kids’ teachers, you can tell via facebook. Come on, when you are angry, you will more than likely post things that you will later regret
- Don’t post before reading through it again– Have you ever posted something, and then realized you forgot to proofread your post? Proofread it for grammatical issues if nothing else.
- Don’t post without thinking of the consequences Ask yourself, will this upset someone? Can I get in trouble for what I am about to post? How will people take this post? These are questions that must be answered in your mind before you send the post. These questions may save you much discipline and hassle from others.
- Don’t post if you know it is not glorifying to God– We are commanded in I Corinthians 10:31 to do everything for God’s glory. Make sure that post glories God. By the way, this goes for RT’s as well on twitter. Everything that we post should bring glory to God, and not the other way around.
- Don’t post every moment of your day– This is a personal pet peeve, but seriously be careful about posting every single thing that you do at every single point of your day. I post a lot (a whole lot), but try to be careful that you do not post too much for your followers to just get annoyed.