I hope that you are doing well on this Friday morning. We are back at it with this edition of, “Get Connected.” I want to say “thank you” to all of the parents who were able to attend the Parent/Leader Luncheon last Sunday! Your presence and willingness to attend was a huge blessing and encouragement to me. I hope that we can do a few more of these throughout the year to build relationships with one another as well as seek out ideas and principles that can help in raising our teenagers. Here is some information that you need to be aware of:
Our Featured Event: This week’s featured event is the ski retreat! If your student has not signed up to attend, they need to do so ASAP! The cost for tubing is $28, for skiing it is $36, and for snowboarding it is $55. This is a really fun trip, and the prices are actually pretty good. We will leave the church at 11:30 am on Friday, January 25th and return to the church at 2:00 am on Saturday morning, January 26th. If you have not paid and signed up, you need to do so!
Our Upcoming Events:
- January 25-26 – Ski Retreat – We will leave at 11:30 am, and drive to Winterplace Ski Resort. Then, we will return Saturday morning to the church at approximately 2:00 am. The rates for this year are really good. You can tube for $28 per person. You can ski for $36 per person (lift ticket, rentals, and lessons included), and you snowboard for $55 per person (lift ticket, rentals, and lessons included). You can download a registration form here. R.S.V.P. here via facebook, but you must be paid by this Sunday. Invite your friends, and remember, parents are always welcome at these events!
- January 27 – Small Group Leader Mandatory Meeting – This meeting is very important for all small group leaders to attend! The meeting will be held after the evening service in the fellowship hall. Refreshments will be served, and it will be free. All leaders are encouraged to attend, and childcare will be provided. We will be going over some important changes, vision, and event information for the upcoming year. Make plans to attend!
- February 8-9 – Checkpoint Leadership Conference – This is a conference that the Grove leaders will be attending. I would love to have as many of you as possible attend this conference. I am extending the registration deadline to Wednesday, January 16th. The cost is $25 per person, and this includes refreshments and conference cost for both days. You will receive a nice lunch on Saturday, BTW. We will come home on Friday, and return on Saturday morning. If you want more information, visit the facebook page by clicking here.
- April 4-6 – Student Summit – This is a youth conference in Jacksonville, Florida. You can get out of school for this event, and parents, I highly encourage you to allow your student to attend. This can be a life changing event! We were able to attend 2 years ago, and God worked in some incredible ways. (More info coming soon) BTW: This is held at a college so you can get college day credits for skipping school. The total cost for this event is $65 per person! We will need leaders so please plan to come leaders, if possible!
- April 19-20 – Regional Teens Involved – We have already began sign ups for Teens Involved. Teens Involved is a program that we do each year to train and develop the spiritual gifts of our students so that they can use them in the local church! I am challenging every student to sign up for at least 1 entry for Teens Involved! They will compete at Piedmont International University on Saturday, April 20th. If they sign up for quizzing, they will compete on Friday, April 19th. The only competition for that Friday is quizzing, everything else will be held on Saturday. The total cost for regional T.I. is $10 per person (lunch included).
- July 8-13 – Youth Camp – On July 8-13, we will be changing the location of youth camp. For years, we have attended Word of Life Camp in Hudson, FL, and we are going to change that up and attend Alpine camp in West Virginia. It is closer and less expensive so hopefully many of your students can attend. Let me encourage you to make this a priority for your student. I understand that we are busy, but this can be a life changing and extremely fun event for your student, and they will come back different from when they went. The cost is $250.00 per student, and leaders can go for $100.00. Activities include white water rafting, paintball, rope climbing, rock climbing, and much more. Hope your student makes plans to attend. R.S.V.P. via facebook here!
We are trying to keep you as informed as possible and keep the cost as low as possible. You can download the 2013 calendars for your computer by clicking here. I hope that this helps you. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website here. You can also follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We love and appreciate you. We count it a privilege to partner with you this year. If you have any questions about our student ministry, please contact Pastor Josh anytime with the info provided below.
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
W: 336-764-2103 C: 336-953-6427 F: 336-764-8657
Connect with Josh: