I hope that you are doing well on this Wednesday morning. We are back at it with this edition of, “Get Connected.” I hope that this informs and equips you today. I am sending this newsletter out on Tuesday afternoon, because I am headed out of town tomorrow through next week. Leaders, I just want to say that I could not serve with a team any better than what God has assembled in the Grove student ministry. You guys are great, and your dedication is unreal! I appreciate you in everything that you do, and I pray for you regularly. I am looking forward to serving another semester with you.
Our Featured Resource: Today, I want to share a blog post that I wrote recently entitled, “5 parenting tips that it would not hurt to get back too.” In the post, I write about the trend of how parenting is different today than it was even 20 years ago. Styles of parenting have changed some, and in this post, I write about a few things that I think would help society, churches, and students if we as parents could get back too. You can read the post by clicking here. Let me know your thoughts.
Our Featured Events: This week’s featured event is the Parent/Small Group Leader luncheon on Sunday, January 6th. We try to schedule a couple of these each year for the parents of our students. It is an opportunity to come together to eat and have fellowship, but also discuss how to better and more effectively raise our students for the Lord, and His glory. I hope that you will make plans to attend now! Save the date, and you will be glad that you came. You can R.S.V.P. here, and remember childcare is provided so do not allow that to keep you from attending. It might help if you R.S.V.P. before the holiday season J
Our Upcoming Events:
- December 19 & 26 – No Grove! Merry Christmas!!!!
- January 6 – Parent/Leader Luncheon – This will be held from 12:15 pm until 2:00 pm, and will be a pot luck meal. All parents of students and small group leaders are encouraged to attend. Childcare will be provided. You need to R.S.V.P. here for the event! Going to that link will take you to a form you will need to fill out with the number of people attending in your family as well as childcare. Also, to find out more about the parent luncheon check it out on facebook by going here.
- January 25-26 – Ski Retreat – We will leave at 11:30 am, and drive to Winterplace Ski Resort. Then, we will return Saturday morning to the church at approximately 2:00 am. The rates for this year are really good. You can tube for $28 per person. You can ski for $36 per person (lift ticket, rentals, and lessons included), and you snowboard for $55 per person (lift ticket, rentals, and lessons included). You can download a registration form here. You must be paid and signed up by Wednesday, January 9th! R.S.V.P. here via facebook. Invite your friends, and remember, Parents are always welcome!
- January 27 – Small Group Leader Mandatory Meeting – This meeting is very important for all small group leaders to attend! The meeting will be held after the evening service in the fellowship hall. Refreshments will be served, and it will be free. All leaders are encouraged to attend, and childcare will be provided. We will be going over some important changes, vision, and event information for the upcoming year.
- April 4-6 – Student Summit – This is a youth conference in Jacksonville, Florida. You can get out of school for this event, and parents, I highly encourage you to allow your student to attend. This can be a life changing event! We were able to attend 2 years ago, and God worked in some incredible ways. (More info coming soon) BTW: This is held at a college so you can get college day credits for skipping school. The total cost for this event is $65 per person! We will need leaders so please plan to come leaders, if possible!
- April 19-20 – Regional Teens Involved – We have already began sign ups for Teens Involved. Teens Involved is a program that we do each year to train and develop the spiritual gifts of our students so that they can use them in the local church! I am challenging every student to sign up for at least 1 entry for Teens Involved! They will compete at Piedmont International University on Saturday, April 20th. If they sign up for quizzing, they will compete on Friday, April 19th. The total cost for regional T.I. is $10 per person (lunch included).
- July 8-13 – Youth Camp – On July 8-13, we will be changing the location of youth camp. For years, we have attended Word of Life Camp in Hudson, FL, and we are going to change that up and attend Alpine camp in West Virginia. It is closer and less expensive so hopefully many of your students can attend. Let me encourage you to make this a priority for your student. I understand that we are busy, but this can be a life changing and extremely fun event for your student, and they will come back different from when they went. The cost is $250.00 per student, and leaders can go for $100.00. Activities include white water rafting, paintball, rope climbing, rock climbing, and much more. Hope your student makes plans to attend.
We are trying to keep you as informed as possible and keep the cost as low as possible. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website here. You can also follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We love and appreciate you. We count it a privilege to partner with you this year. If you have any questions about our student ministry, please contact Pastor Josh anytime with the info provided below.
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
W: 336-764-2103 C: 336-953-6427 F: 336-764-8657
Connect with Josh: