What is going on parents and leaders? I hope that you are doing well today! I mean, it is Friday so we all should be doing well, right? Today I want to try and make this fairly short, but you know me I struggle to do so. I try to inform you best that I can so that you can look at what is coming up, and plan ahead. I also like to provide resources for you in parenting your teenager. Today though, I am just going to provide some information on upcoming events for you. I hope that they become a help to you as you plan your student’s schedule.
Our Featured Events: This week’s featured events are the high school Geocaching event and the middle school gym night event! Our high school event is geocaching on Saturday, November 17th. We are going to meet at the church at 11:00 am, and return to the church at 2:30 pm. Geocaching is an electronic scavenger hunt, and the students will love it. All you need to bring is lunch money. Then, on Sunday night, November 18th, we have our middle school gym night. We will be playing games in the gym from 8:00 pm until 10:00 pm. Your student will have the time of his life, and they will not want to miss this. The cost is only $5 per person, and leaders go free. Pizza is included. Parents are welcome at both of these events! R.S.V.P. for Geocaching here, and R.S.V.P. for the gym night here.
Our Upcoming Events:
- November 17 – Geocaching High School Event – This is a fun event for just the high school. All 10th-12th graders will be divided into teams, and go out to geocache. If you are not familiar with what it is, you can go online to get information, but it basically is an electronic scavenger hunt. Everyone needs to bring lunch money to eat out. We need leaders to sign up for this event. Learn more about how to geocache and about it here. R.S.V.P. here on facebook. PARENTS ARE WELCOME!
- November 18 – Middle School Gym Night – This will take place in the gymnasium at the church directly after the evening service. We will play games, and eat pizza. The cost per student is $5, and leaders are free! We need leaders to sign up for this event, and you can sign up in your small group or on facebook here. PARENTS ARE WELCOME!
- December 8 – Progressive Dinner – This is our annual Christmas outing in the Grove. We eat a different course meal at different houses. This is completely free, and is always one of the highest attended nights in the Grove. We will meet at the church at 5 pm, and return at 9 pm. If you would be willing to provide a meal for this event, please let me know. Remember that you can go in with another family to purchase the food. Parents are welcome at this event as long as you sign up.
- January 6 – Parent/Leader Luncheon – This will be held from 12:15 pm until 2:00 pm, and will be a pot luck meal. All parents of students and small group leaders are encouraged to attend. Childcare will be provided, and we will send a sign up form your way via email over the next few weeks!
- January 25-26 – Ski Retreat – We will leave at 11:30 am, and drive to Winterplace Ski Resort. Then, we will return Saturday morning to the church at approximately 2:00 am. The rates for this year are really good. You can tube for $28 per person. You can ski for $36 per person (lift ticket, rentals, and lessons included), and you snowboard for $55 per person (lift ticket, rentals, and lessons included). You can download a registration form here. You must be paid and signed up by Wednesday, January 9th! R.S.V.P. here via facebook.
- January 27 – Small Group Leader Mandatory Meeting – This meeting is very important for all small group leaders to attend! The meeting will be held after the evening service in the fellowship hall. Refreshments will be served, and it will be free. All leaders are encouraged to attend, and childcare will be provided. We will be going over some important changes, vision, and event information for the upcoming year.
- April 4-6 – Student Summit – This is a youth conference in Jacksonville, Florida. You can get out of school for this event, and parents, I highly encourage you to allow your student to attend. This can be a life changing event! We were able to attend 2 years ago, and God worked in some incredible ways. (More info coming soon) BTW: This is held at a college so you can get college day credits for skipping school. The total cost for this event is $65 per person! We will need leaders so please plan to come leaders, if possible!
- April 19-20 – Regional Teens Involved – We have already began signups for Teens Involved. Teens Involved is a program that we do each year to train and develop the spiritual gifts of our students so that they can use them in the local church! I am challenging every student to sign up for at least 1 entry for Teens Involved! They will compete at Piedmont International University on Saturday, April 20th. If they sign up for quizzing, they will compete on Friday, April 19th. The total cost for regional T.I. is $10 (lunch included).
We are trying to keep you as informed as possible and keep the cost as low as possible. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website here. You can also follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We love and appreciate you. We count it a privilege to partner with you this year. If you have any questions about our student ministry, please contact Pastor Josh anytime with the info provided below.
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
W: 336-764-2103 C: 336-953-6427 F: 336-764-8657