Hey everyone, I hope that this email finds you doing well! This past week, I felt that we had a fantastic Grove service. Each week we try to have some fun with the students at the Grove, and then drive them to intense worship of the one true God. We are in the middle of a series on God the Father. I was so excited to share with the students some new things that I personally learned in my study of this doctrine with the students, and how His relationship with us operates!
Our Featured Resource: Today, I would like to share a resource with you that may help you. Have you ever received a message from a teen, and it is written in texting language that you have no idea what it means? I sure have. So, I hit up Google or somewhere to find exactly what they mean. Well, I want to share a resource that has a slang dictionary that may help you with teen language and their lingo. You can check it out here.
Our Featured Event: This week’s featured event is the “A’MAZE’INGLY Scary Night! This is a huge outreach that we do every other year. The event happens this Saturday, and we really want all students to be a part, and we would desire that each student bring at least 1 friend of theirs so we can share the Gospel through the night with them! You can R.S.V.P. here, and feel free to share the event! It is going to be fun and scary, but our main desire is to see the Gospel received!
Our Upcoming Events:
October 27 – A’MAZE’INGLY Scary Night – This is an outreach event for the entire community that the Grove hosts. We decorate and create a haunted house right here on our campus for the community to come to. We share the Gospel through it and after it, and give them a chance to respond to the Gospel! It is a great opportunity, and we are going to need you guys involved. The cost is free, and takes place at the church from 7-10 pm. You can also R.S.V.P. via facebook by clicking here, and please join as well as share the event with the people who you are connected with through social networking to get the word out about this great outreach event.
- October 31 – Service Opportunity for Students – Each small group will be serving a meal to the volunteers of our church wide event, Trunk or Treat. The trunk or treat event is an event designed for the kids of the community to come to our campus and hear Bible stories, dress up, and get candy. It is a great way to share the Gospel. If you have kids, bring them they will absolutely love it. The Trunk or Treat is from 6-8 pm next Wednesday, October 31st. Our student ministry will be serving all of the volunteers a meal as well as decorating some trunks. Make sure your student is involved in some way so that we can teach our students to be missional in their community. Each small group leader is heading up the different trunks for the small group, and they should have instructions. If they do not, message me, and I can help you. If your student is serving in the meal, make sure that they are there at 4 pm so that we are ready serving at 5 pm.
- November 2-3 – Word of Life Superbowl – The Word of Life Superbowl is returning to Charlotte, NC this year. This is an all-night event that will feature a Charlotte Bobcats game, several different activities in various sports arenas, and a gospel presentation about Jesus Christ. Cost is $55 for everything (Bobcats game, bowling, pizza, skating, indoor soccer, and a chance to win HUGE prizes). The completed payment MUST be in by Wednesday, October 31st. We have some spots open so message me today if your student is interested. Your student needs to R.S.V.P. in their small group as well as facebook by clicking here.
- November 17 – Geocaching High School Event – This is a fun event for just the high school. All 10th-12th graders will be divided into teams, and go out to geocache. If you are not familiar with what it is, you can go online to get information, but it basically is an electronic scavenger hunt. Everyone needs to bring lunch money to eat out. We need leaders to sign up for this event. Learn more about how to geocache and about it here. R.S.V.P. here on facebook. PARENTS ARE WELCOME!
- November 18 – Middle School Gym Night – This will take place in the gymnasium at the church directly after the evening service. We will play games, and eat pizza. The cost per student is $5, and leaders are free! We need leaders to sign up for this event, and you can sign up in your small group or on facebook here. PARENTS ARE WELCOME!
- December 8 – Progressive Dinner – This is our annual Christmas outing in the Grove. We eat a different course meal at different houses. This is completely free, and is always one of the highest attended nights in the Grove. We will meet at the church at 5 pm, and return at 9 pm.
- January 25-26 – Ski Retreat – We will leave at 11:30 am, and drive to Winterplace Ski Resort. Then, we will return Saturday morning to the church at approximately 2:00 am. (More info coming soon)
- April 4-6 – Student Summit – This is a youth conference in Jacksonville, Florida. You can get out of school for this event, and parents, I highly encourage you to allow your student to attend. This can be a life changing event! We were able to attend 2 years ago, and God worked in some incredible ways. (More info coming soon) BTW: This is held at a college so you can get college day credits for skipping school.
- April 19-20 – Regional Teens Involved – We have already began signups for Teens Involved. Teens Involved is a program that we do each year to train and develop the spiritual gifts of our students so that they can use them in the local church! I am challenging every student to sign up for at least 1 entry for Teens Involved! They will compete at Piedmont International University on Saturday, April 20th. If they sign up for quizzing, they will compete on Friday, April 19th.
We are trying to keep you as informed as possible and keep the cost as low as possible. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website here. You can also follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We love and appreciate you. We count it a privilege to partner with you this year. If you have any questions about our student ministry, please contact Pastor Josh anytime with the info provided below.
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church