I trust that this email finds you doing well! We are so excited about what God’s doing here in our ministry, and the opportunity we have to impact students lives’ with the gospel of Jesus each week. Our goal is to keep you as informed as possible, and hopefully this edition of our weekly newsletter does just that!
Our Featured Event: “Love Our City” is today. We’ve been intensely planning for this event and are working with several organizations in the area. We’re coordinating with The Genesis House, The Children’s Home, and North Davidson High School. We will also be doing door-to-door visitation and distributing what are called “Life Books” to people in the community. The evening kicks off at 6:30 pm! Please meet at the church ready to serve RU. We will be there until about 8 pm. If you cannot attend the event until after 8:00 pm, please meet us at the Garrow’s house. For directions, text me at 336-953-6427. You can sign-up today, and the cost is $20 per student. Leaders/volunteers go for free! We just ask that every leader bring a 12 pack of can drinks. This is going to be a great event that will allow our students to serve people, and show them the love of Jesus Christ. I have attached some further information about Love our city to this email or you can go HERE to find out more details and a few FAQ’s. Do not miss, and get your student involved in this great event where we serve the community.
Our Upcoming Events:
- September 14-15 – Love our city – You can R.S.V.P. for “Love our City” HERE! Check out our featured event information above for more details!
- September 19 – Word of Life – Our weekly Wednesday night services meet in the gymnasium from 6-8 P.M. We serve food from 6-6:30, and will then have a time of worship, games, teaching, and small group discussion. We encourage your student to be a part of this on a weekly basis, and would love for any parents interested in visiting our services to come join us one night! This week we have a special treat. Dr. Roger Baker will be speaking this Wednesday night!
- September 23 – Parent/Leader Luncheon – This is for all parents of students in the Grove. Come out as we seek to partner with you, and build a stronger relationships with parents and leaders of our students. This is a pot luck meal, and we will have sign ups going around next week of what to bring!
- October 6 – Service Opportunity: The Miracle League. This is a high school (10-12 grade) only event! The Miracle League is a baseball league for handicap kids. Their desire is for every kid to be able to play baseball so the Miracle League has given them a chance! Our high school ministry will have the opportunity to go and encourage these kids and be a buddy to them. We will meet at the church at 8:15 am and return at 1:30 pm. Bring money for lunch at CiCi’s.
- October 27 – A’MAZE’INGLY SCARY NIGHT – This is an outreach event for the entire community that the Grove hosts. We decorate and create a haunted house right here on our campus for the community to come too. We share the Gospel through it and after it, and give them a chance to respond to the Gospel! It is a great opportunity, and we are going to need you guys involved.
We are trying to keep you as informed as possible and keep the cost as low as possible. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website here. You can also follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We love and appreciate you. We count it a privilege to partner with you this year. If you have any questions about our student ministry, please contact Pastor Josh anytime with the info provided below.
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
W: 336-764-2103 C: 336-953-6427 F: 336-764-8657