What is going on? I apologize for struggling to get the newsletter out as regular as we used too. I have been super busy the past month, and it has been difficult to keep you as posted as I would have liked too. I hope that this informs and helps you as a parent.
Our featured Event: Leadership seminar This is vital for all leaders who are serving in the Grove during the upcoming year. We will meet at the church at 5 pm, and grill hamburgers. Then, we will have some practical and helpful sessions. Then, BOWLING to fellowship with one another and bond together as leaders in the Grove. All leaders need to make plans NOW to attend. The final price will be given to you ASAP.
- August 1 – Summer Sizzlers – 6:30-8 pm in the fellowship hall. Come and join us for a fun night of worship, games, a practical lesson from God’s Word on friendships, and episode 6 of Summer Slasher!
- August 8 – Hoedown @ the Hege’s – This is our final summer sizzler of the year, and we are doing it big! We are meeting at the church at 6:15 pm, and returning to the church at 9:00 pm. We will have worship, practical lesson from God’s Word, open mic testimony time, a cook out, games, and the summer slasher finale! All of this will take place outdoors at the Hege’s house! Don’t miss the bus, we leave at 6:15 pm from the church! We need many leaders and students to be a part for us to pull this thing off.
- August 10 – Leadership Seminar – If you are interested in being a Grove leader for the 2012-2013 year, please make plans NOW to attend this meeting. The times of the meeting are 5 pm until 10 pm at the fellowship hall. This is for prospective college and adult leaders. I hate to use the word mandatory, but we need all leaders at this meeting! If you miss, it is likely that you will get behind. We will have fun, food, and sessions. Please R.S.V.P. by responding to this email!
- August 15 – Parent Night @ The Grove – This is for all parents who have students who attend on Wednesday nights or Sunday’s. It is important that you make plans to attend, because we are starting some new things this year, and we want you informed. Let’s pack out the night with parents! We will meet in the fellowship hall from 6:30-8 pm. We will have worship, a time of Q&A, food, and fellowship. Hope you will join us.
- August 22 – WOL Kick Off – This is the open night of WOL @ The Grove for our student ministry! Students will find out who their small group leader is, and this night will be huge. We have pizza ready to go, and we will cast the vision for the Grove. Make sure that your student is present for this night!
- September 14-15 – Lexington/Winston Salem Mission Trip – We are still working on the logistics for this trip, but we want every student and leader to make plans to attend. We want to be missional and intentional in the city that God has us in so make plans now as we take the Gospel to our city! We are working up some work projects, visitation, and service at different organizations in our community. We will let you know a final price asap! Plan on sleeping in tents! It is going to be Crazy!
We are trying to keep you as informed as possible and keep the cost as low as possible. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website here. You can also follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We love and appreciate you. We count it a privilege to partner with you this year. If you have any questions about our student ministry, please contact me anytime through any of the methods of contact below! Have a great end to the week.