I hope that this email finds you having a fantastic day! It is Friday, and I do not know about you, but I am stoked for the weekend!
Our featured Event: Connect 2012! You can join us on facebook or twitter. Connect is a high energy student event for all students in the triad area. We are expecting 350-400 students to be in attendance this year. There will be activities and some great giveaways. All students are encouraged to bring a friend as well. The cost is $5 per person and this includes a pizza dinner. Paul Woods will be speaking, and there will be a live band on hand as well. Some activities at Connect are Inflatable’s, fear factor games, basketball, and much more! The prize giveaways are iTunes cards and a Kinect! This is a “DON’T MISS” event. If you did not sign up, just show up at the church tomorrow at 2:45 pm, and we will return at 9:00 pm.
OUR FEATURED RESOURCE: One thing that I think will be beneficial to you as a parent is helpful resources that help with student culture. I feel like we have to be more active in learning about how our students are thinking, and then using that to try to be more effective in reaching them and growing them into being committed followers of Christ! I am a new parent, and craving help. We all can learn and improve in our parenting. The goal is conformity to Jesus Christ, and there are resources out there to help us reach that goal. The resource that I would like for you to check out this week is Orange Parents. This is based out of the Orange group. You can go to their site here. They specialize in family ministry, and in focusing on the home. This is something that culture and even church has gotten away from, and they are seeking to get you back there. I encourage you to check out their website, blog, and follow them on twitter so that you can stay up to date with the articles that they put out there to help you in your parenting!
Here are our upcoming events that we feel you need to be aware of:
- May 19 – Connect Student Event. This was featured in our “featured event” section above so check there for more information.
- May 20 – Graduate Honor Service – We will be honoring all high school and colleges students who are graduating this year who were members of Union Grove Baptist Church.
- May 20 – WOL Camp Meeting – This will take place after the evening service this Sunday night. The approximate start time will be 7:15 pm in the hospitality room. All parents of students attending camp need to try and come. We will be discussing fund-raisers as well.
- May 30 – Summer Sizzlers Begin – Our summer sizzler program is our Wednesday night program. The Grove will be moved into the fellowship hall, and will begin at 6:30 pm and end at 8:00 pm.
- June 2 – WOL Camp Golf Tournament – This is to raise money for WOL Camp. You can download the forms here. The forms include a flyer, sponsorship forms, and more information regarding the tournament. All players must be registered to play by Sunday, May 20th.
- June 22-29 – Jamaica Mission Trip
- July 6-14 – WOL Camp ($75 deposits need to be in asap if you are planning on attending)
- July 19-20 – Operation Getaway – The price jumped from $85 to $100 this week. This includes a cook out, Braves game, six flags pass, and a night in a nice hotel.
- August 11 – Leadership Seminar – If you are interested in being a Grove leader for the 2012-2013 year, please make plans NOW to attend this meeting. This is for prospective student, college, and adult leaders. This will be an all day event for leaders. We will have fun, food, and sessions.
We are trying to keep you as informed as possible and keep the cost as low as possible. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website here. You can also follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We love and appreciate you. We count it a privilege to partner with you this year. We are looking forward to a great summer, and we encourage you to have your students stay faithful to the Grove throughout the summer. If you have any questions about our student ministry, please contact me anytime through any of the methods of contact below! We hope you enjoy your weekend!!!!!!
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church
W: 336-764-2103 C: 336-953-6427 F: 336-764-8657