If you are not signed up for this Sunday’s parent/small group leader luncheon, I seriously want you to consider signing up for the luncheon.
Here are a few reasons why you should R.S.V.P. today for the Parent/Leader Luncheon:
- It is important that you have a relationship with the small group leader investing weekly into your student. Look, if someone is spending this much time with my kid, I will want to know about them and who they are. It is our responsibility as parents.
- It is important that you have a relationship with the student pastor and his wife. Now, I am not just saying this, because I am the student pastor. No, I believe it! If I am not my daughter’s student pastor, I will want to know who she is with every Wednesday. It is important for you to try to reach out and build a relationship with us! Plus, we want to get to know you better!
- To learn practical principles on parenting a teenager in today’s youth culture. Now, I am not the parent of a teenager, but I understand and have learned a lot about teen culture over the years in student ministry. I read about it almost every day, and I experience it working with them. I would love to meet with you throughout the year and share helpful principles on how to parent a teenager in today’s culture. Sign up for this weekend’s parent/leader luncheon to receive insight regarding social media. This week, we will be talking about how to effectively monitor your students’ friendships! I hope that this will be an encouragement to you
- To eat. This one is simple. We love to eat, and this is a free lunch for you and your family. Well, it is not totally free, we do ask that you bring a dish for your family, and we will have potluck style! The food is always a huge part of what we do. If you do not come for any other reason than to eat, still come 🙂
- To fellowship with other parents. I love times like this more because of the fellowship than anything else. You will get to speak and hang with other parents going through the same struggles or victories that you are. It is always good to join together in praying for one another and getting to know one another better. Also, you can learn and even vent when necessary about similar struggles with one another. Parenting is tough and is a major responsibility, and it helps to have the support of other parents there.
The luncheon is held this Sunday (April 29) from 12:15 (after the 11:00 am service) until 2:00 pm. Parents & leaders are required to bring a dish for the meal. When you R.S.V.P. you will be prompted to sign up for what you are bringing. You can R.S.V.P. here.