Think about the literal 1,000 year reign of Christ. That is a long time of peace, prosperity, good health, joy, comfort. Christ will reign on earth for that amount of time. Now, it is important as we go further to note that all who enter the Millennial Reign of Christ will be saved. This includes those who endured the tribulation period, and accepted Jesus gift of Salvation. During the Millennial Reign, the Christians will have babies, and they will still be born with depravity. Now, the earth will be ruled and reigned by Jesus during this time. All those people born during the Millennial Reign of Christ will still need to trust Christ as Savior
David said in Psalm 51:5, “…In sin, did my mother conceive me.”
So, Satan is loosed, and we see a final rebellion after an incredible 1,000 years. Now, mankind has had a history of rebelling after given chance after chance. It is their choice to do right or wrong, and I want to remind you tonight that it is your choice whether you do right or wrong!
I. Mankind’s first rebellion
- The test Genesis 2:17. The test was that they could not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That is the only restriction that they were given.
- The failure Genesis 3:6. Now, did they fail or succeed? They failed. They were deceived by satan by having her doubt and question God. Satan made her believe what made sense to her rather than what the Word says.
- The judgment Genesis 3:22-24. They were expelled from the Garden of Eden. They faced death now at some point, because if they had of not sinned, they would have lived on earth forever. Sin now passed upon all men Romans 5:12
II. Mankind’s continued rebellion
- The test. Throughout history from Adam until now, we have seen many people walk the face of the earth, and everyone has been given a chance to accept Jesus into their lives. Everyone in the Grove has been a test of accepting or rejecting Jesus. Even after the test of Salvation, you are given a test of living for Jesus or not living for Jesus.
- The failure. Yet, many people have rejected Jesus. Some of you have rejected Him over and over again, and some Christians have accepted Him for Salvation, but are not living for Him, and we fail!
- The judgment. Hell is the judgment for unbelievers.
III. Mankind’s final rebellion Revelation 20:7-9
- The test. Everyone in the Millennial Reign of Christ knows about life with Christ, but yet some will choose to reject and rebel against Him when Satan is loosed. Satan deceives many at this final rebellion. So many that it likens the number to the sand of the sea.
- The failure. We see that a huge number of people fail and follow the deceptive lies of Satan.
- The judgment. God calls fire from Heaven, and it consumes the enemies of Him. They all will be cast into the lake of fire.
From the beginning of time, God has asked man to obey Him. Man has consistently chosen not too, because of the sin nature that we are all born with, but ultimately it is your choice. What is your choice today? Will you choose to obey God or to reject Him?