I trust that this newsletter finds you doing well. I have been slack sending out editions of “Get Connected,” and I do apologize. Hopefully, not I can experience some consistency again. The reason that I am sending this out today is because my wife, Abby, will be having her gallbladder removed tomorrow morning. We would ask that you would please pray for the procedure if you would. We would greatly appreciate it.
I really appreciate you having your students at the Grove each week. We appreciate the faithfulness of the parents as much as the students, because we recognize what a difficult task it is to have them there each week, and to keep them involved in so many different events.
This Saturday, we will be going to “The Miracle League.” This is the handicap kids baseball league. We served there last year, and it was terrific. Our students and leaders showed up big and had a fantastic time serving. This Saturday, our 10th-12th grades will be going to the Miracle league. Our 7th-9th graders will attend the Miracle League on Saturday, October 15. We leave the church at 8:45 am and we will return to the church at 1:30 pm. Please bring money for CiCi’s pizza for lunch. We look forward to serving with you.
Here is a listing of the Grove’s upcoming events:
- October 1 – Volunteering at the Miracle League in High Point – This is the handicap kids baseball league. 10th-12th grades. Bring $6 for Cici’s. We will leave the church at 8:45 am and return at 1:30 pm. We are in need of leaders to attend!
- October 5 – Invite a friend Night @ The Grove. Mark Etheridge will be our guest (kind of) speaker.
- October 8 – Photo Scavenger Hunt (Cost is $5 per person for food and prizes, and the times are from 6-9 pm). If you have a digital camera, please bring it. Also, you need to be signed up no later than this Wednesday, October 5th.
- October 12 – Guest speaker at the Grove– missionary Cletis Titus. Bro. Cletis is the missionary that we will be ministering along side of in Jamaica. He will be speaking, and after the service, all of Team Jamaica will go out to eat with he and his wife, Tammy. We will take care of the cost for the meal.
- October 13 – Serving North Davidson JV football team – The JV football team from North will come to our church at 3:45 pm, and we will serve them a pre game meal. We will need adult, parent, and student volunteers. If you could sign up by Sunday, October 9th to volunteer, that would be helpful.
- October 14 – Serving North Davidson V football team – The V football team from North will come to our church at 3:45 pm, and we will serve them a pre game meal. We will need adult, parent, and student volunteers. If you could sign up by Sunday, October 9th to volunteer, that would be helpful.
- October 15 – Volunteering at the Miracle League in High Point – 7th – 9th grades. Bring $6 for Cici’s. We will leave the church at 8:45 am and return at 1:30 pm. If your student is not signed up, they need to do so asap! Also, we are in need of leaders to attend with us as well.
- October 22 – Liberty Scaremare (Cost is $7 per person). We will leave the church at 4:00 pm and return at 12:00 am. Please bring money for fast food. Be prepared to be scared!
- October 26 – Church Wide Fellowship Meal. This will be to raise money for Team Jamaica to go on their mission trip.
- November 12 – Ice Skating (More info coming soon)
- November 14 – Chick Fil A Night (For Team Jamaica)
- January 27-28 – Ski Retreat (registration form with prices listed here). We have some killer deals this year for you! You need to take advantage of these deals and be a part of our ski retreat!
- July 6-13 – WOL Camp
I appreciate your consistency in everything that you do. We understand that the Grove and everything else that is going on can be overwhelming, but we praise the Lord for your faithfulness! You can also check out our website for a more exhaustive listing of our events. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page. You can also follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We count it a privilege to serve alongside of you this year! God bless you!
– Pastor Josh