I trust that this newsletter finds you doing well. I was not able to send last week’s edition of “Get Connected” out due to working on other projects. Last weekend was an extremely busy weekend in our ministry here at Union Grove. We had the Family Fun Festival on Saturday where we served over 2,200 people. Then, we had our 9/11 We Remember Rally on Sunday morning. Then, Sunday night, we had a surprise 10 year anniversary celebration for our Pastor. It was a busy, tiring, but very rewarding weekend! God also saved two people Sunday night. It was awesome. This Wednesday will be our 4th Wednesday of our WOL Clubs. We began a study on prophecy and eschatology (the study of the end times). I am excited to be digging into Scripture to see what God wants us to know about future Biblical events. We are still working out certain things such as small group assignments. I am trying to keep these in front of you so you always know the small group leader! I have attached a copy of the updated small group assignments.
This Wednesday (September 21) due to the many leaders going out of town, we will NOT have small groups. Next week, leaders will be responsible for catching up on 2 weeks of Creative Discipleship. We will have students & Leaders check in at a table.
Here are our upcoming events that we feel you need to be aware of:
- October 1 – Volunteering at the Miracle League in High Point – This is the handicap kids baseball league. 10th-12th grades. Bring $6 for Cici’s. We will leave the church at 8:45 am and return at 1:30 pm. If your student did not sign up this past Wednesday, they need to do so asap. We need leaders to sign up as well.
- October 5 – Invite a friend Night @ The Grove. Mark Etheridge will be speaking.
- October 8 – Photo Scavenger Hunt (Cost is $5 per person, and the times are from 5-9 pm)
- October 12 – Guest speaker at the Grove– missionary Cletis Titus. Bro. Cletis is the missionary that we will be ministering along side of in Jamaica. He will be speaking, and after the service, all of Team Jamaica will go out to eat with he and his wife, Tammy.
- October 13 – Serving North Davidson JV football team – The JV football team from North will come to our church at 3:45 pm, and we will serve them a pre game meal. We will need adult, parent, and student volunteers.
- October 14 – Serving North Davidson V football team – The V football team from North will come to our church at 3:45 pm, and we will serve them a pre game meal. We will need adult, parent, and student volunteers.
- October 15 – Volunteering at the Miracle League in High Point – 7th – 9th grades. Bring $6 for Cici’s. We will leave the church at 8:45 am and return at 1:30 pm. If your student did not sign up this past Wednesday, they need to do so asap. Also, we are in need of leaders to attend with us as well.
- October 22 – Liberty Scaremare (Cost is $7 per person). We will leave the church at 4:00 pm and return at 12:00 am. Please bring money for fast food. We were going to go to a Hockey Game, but we will be getting back way to late on a church night, and we thought that this would be better.
- November 12 – Ice Skating
- January 27-28 – Ski Retreat (registration form with prices listed on our website under downloads). We have some killer deals this year for you!
- June 22-29 – Jamaica Mission Trip – The estimated cost of the trip will be $1300 per person (This is open for all 10th-12 graders as well as all Grove leaders & parents)
- July 6-13 – WOL Camp
We are trying to keep you as informed as possible and keep the cost as low as possible. You can also check out our website for a more exhaustive listing of our events. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website here. You can also follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We count it a privilege to serve alongside of you this year! God bless you!