Austin McCann is a great friend of mine. He is studying for full time student ministry and it about to graduate. He is interning at Weymouth Community Church in Ohio this fall, and is doing a fantastic job. He is receiving many opportunities to teach God’s Word and serve in the local church. He recently is doing a project and asked me for input on revival in our students’ hearts. I figured that I would share my thoughts here:
- First off, we must show the students their need for revival! One of the reasons that students are not experiencing revival is because they are comfortable not having it. They are comfortable and think that they are doing quite well for themselves spiritually. We must never get complacent and comfortable where we are at spiritually.
- Teach on what revival is. Some students are confused at what revival is. They think revival are those special services that their pastor schedules every now and then. Revival is a personal inward heart issue.
- We must develop their love for the Word and prayer. There is nothing that will gain a heart for personal revival more than a love for the Word and prayer.
- We must model it for them. Have you ever thought that the reason students are not experiencing revival in their hearts is because we are not personally experiencing it?
- Pray for them to receive it!