Happy weekend to ya:
This past Wednesday was the beginning of our Word of Life (WOL) program! We had a fantastic start with about 90 students in attendance. When you add in the number of leaders we have, we had about 115 total people worshipping the creator this past Wednesday night. We have instituted several into our praise team, and they did a fantastic job. I was so thankful to see many new faces as well. We welcomed our 7th graders into the Grove, and we appreciate them being faithful. Remember, the Grove meets every Wednesday from 6-8 pm in the new air conditioned gym. We are looking forward to ministering and serving with your students this year. Each Wednesday evening will have snacks, fellowship, games, worship, a practical challenge from God’s Word, and a time to spend with their small group. I have attached an updated small group list if you are unsure at who is at your student’s table. We pray for each Wednesday night specifically and try and do things intentionally. We encourage you to have your students be faithful this year at WOL.
If you as the parent or your student have not registered for Word of Life clubs, we need you to do that this coming Wednesday. I will have registration forms available for you to fill out and turn back into us. We do ask that all students in the Grove purchase a book or online devotions so that we can discuss the devotions with our small groups each Wednesday night. If you have any questions regarding the quiet time, etc. please let us know.
This Wednesday (September 7) is the first of our many Student Takeover Services! This is an opportunity for our students to take leadership and ownership of the Grove and run the show. Our student leadership team gets together the entire service. They plan student testimonies, worship, announcements, preaching, etc. It is a great way to get them to serve. Parents are welcome to come out and watch this service if you are interested.
Here are our upcoming events that we feel you need to be aware of:
- September 7 – Student Takeover Service. Nathan Page will be preaching this Wednesday night. Our students will be leading worship and doing basically everything. All parents are welcome to come out and watch if you are interested. They always do a great job, and we are looking forward to what the Lord is going to do in and through them.
- September 10 – Family Fun Festival – 3-7 pm, invite your friends and the people within your community.
- September 11 – 9/11 We Remember Rally. This is open to the community. We will hold one service at North Davidson High School Gymnasium to remember the ones who lost their lives on 9/11 and to honor the ones who serve in our military and within our community. The rally will take place at 9 am and all are welcome to attend.
- October 1 – Volunteering at the Miracle League in High Point – 10th-12th grades. Bring $6 for Cici’s
- October 8 – Photo Scavenger Hunt (Cost is $5 per person, and the times are from 5-9 pm)
- October 13 – Serving North Davidson JV football team – The JV football team from North will come to our church at 3:45 pm, and we will serve them a pre game meal.
- October 14 – Serving North Davidson V football team – The V football team from North will come to our church at 3:45 pm, and we will serve them a pre game meal.
- October 15 – Volunteering at the Miracle League in High Point – 7th – 9th grades. Bring $6 for Cici’s
- October 22 – Liberty Scaremare (Cost is $8 per person)
- November 12 – Ice Skating
- January 27-28 – Ski Retreat (registration form with prices listed on our website under downloads). We have some killer deals this year for you!
- June 22-29 – Jamaica Mission Trip – The estimated cost of the trip will be $1300 per person (This is open for all 10th-12 graders as well as all Grove leaders & parents)
- July 6-13 – WOL Camp
We are trying to keep you as informed as possible and keep the cost as low as possible. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website here. You can also follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We love and appreciate you. We also count it a privilege to serve alongside of you this year! We are praying for a great year at WOL! God bless you!
P.S. Enjoy your long weekend (if you get one). If you do not, enjoy your regularly scheduled weekend! 🙂