Some thoughts to encourage you today:
Rest in the promises of God-
II Samuel 22:1-31
Here are some promises that you can rest in today:
I. The Presence of God- II Samuel 22:7
- Hebrews 13:5: “I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.”
- This is not just a promise to make you feel good today. This is in the very nature and character of God. It is rooted much deeper. God is omnipresent. He is everwhere at all times. Try and wrap your mind around that for a bit.
- When I was young, I struggled staying away from the house. I wanted to be at my house with my parents. I would cry when I would stay at other people’s houses, and would go home, because I would cry needing my parents. Now, this is quite embarassing, but the point is that I needed the presece of my parents, and I was okay! You are always okay when you have Jesus by your side.
- You can be fearless in His presence today!
II. The Protection of God- II Samuel 22:2-4
- It is not always protection from, sometimes, it is protection through.
- Psalm 125:2 says, “As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about His people from henceforth even forever.
- God knows everything- God is omniscient.There are no secrets with God.
- God reveals to us only what we need to know
- God is working in secret even when we do not see it.
III. The Provision of God- II Samuel 22:31,33
- God has a plan. Remember this thought, “His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts.”
- Remember God is the designer of your life, and He has a plan.
- Trust in His Provision!