Happy Friday to ya!!
I hope that you are doing super today! Many of you are stoked, because you have a long weekend with the 4th of July. I know that we are super excited about it. Let’s make sure we take some time though this weekend to remember the men and women who have given their lives for the freedom that we experience right now!
The Grove this past week was amazing. I personally felt it was one of our best nights. We had a special theme night (Surfs up at the Grove)! Many students got involved with that, and we ran with it. Mark Etheridge spoke a challenging and convicting message that I am sure helped all of the students. It was a great night. I know that this is 4th of July week so many of you are going to be out of town, but if your student is in town, we encourage them to be a part of the Grove this week.
Well, the Grove has a busy summer (like always), and we want you as informed as possible. Here are our upcoming events that we have so far:
- July 7 – Rescue Mission Service Opportunity – All 10-12th graders will have the opportunity to serve at the mission! We will meet at the church at 1:30 pm and return to the church at 4:45 pm. Please sign up with me or through facebook by this Wednesday, July 6th.
- July 8-16 – WOL Camp – We are meeting at the church on Friday, June 8th at 11:30 pm. Make sure you are there on time. Also, all forms need to be in by this Wednesday if possible. If you have misplaced your forms, you can get them off of the website (ugbconline.com).
- July 18 – A day at the Park – This is going to be a chill day for all of the rising 10th through rising 12th graders. The cost will be $5 per person. Come out and enjoy some football, frisbee, tennis, the pool, and some great food! Leaders who help with these grades on Wednesday nights go free!
- July 21 – Bowling Adventure – On Thursday, July 21st, the Grove will be going to Creekside Lanes to bowl. We will leave the church at 6:45 pm. The cost for bowling is $6 per person for all you can bowl for 2 hours and your shoes are included. We will return to the church at 10:20 pm. The café at the bowling alley will be open for refreshments.
- July 31 – Pot Luck Leaders Mtg. – If you are interested in serving in the Grove for the 2011-2012 year, we want you at this lunch mtg.
- August 1-3 – Jr. High Girls Beach Trip
- August 1 – Grove guys Event to Nascar Speed Park – The cost will be $26.00 per person.
- August 12-13 – Leadership Retreat – The cost will be $50 per person and ALL leaders are encouraged to attend so we can share the vision for the entire year. The $50 includes zip line, bowling, lodging, and all of your meals.
- August 27 – Winston Salem Dash Game – The cost will be $9 per person.
- October 22 – Liberty Scaremare
I understand that there is a ton going on, and we are trying to keep you as informed as possible as well as keep the cost as low as possible. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website at ugbconline.com. On the website, you will find a helpful Grove page with information and downloads that will be a help to you. Also, please follow us on twitter (@ugbcgrove) for instant information regarding the Grove. We love and appreciate you, and we hope you enjoy the 4th of July weekend!!!!