I hope that you are having a fantastic Friday afternoon. This past Wednesday, we had our first Summer Sizzler of the entire summer. It went great. We had well over 80 people in the fellowship hall. The Lord really did some great things in our hearts. I encourage you to have your students there as Mark Etheridge and I expound on the book of James. Each week, we will come together for practical lessons from the book of James.
The Grove has tons of things coming up. Here are our upcoming events:
- June 5 – Y.A.A.C. – There will be a Y.A.A.C. Sunday night at the Hartman’s. All rising 7th through graduating 12th graders are welcome to attend.
- June 11 – WOL Camp Golf Tournament – The FINAL date to sign up to play in the tournament is this Sunday. If you know of someone who is interested, please have them contact me by Sunday. Also, this weekend, there will be a sign up sheet for all students to sign up for what time to help during the day of the golf tournament.
- June 18- WOL Camp Car Wash – The times will be from 8 am – 1 pm. You have to be there to receive a portion of what we make.
- July 9-16 – WOL Camp
- June 25 – Saddles & Spokes Bike Ride – This is a fund raiser benefiting the Hoof and Paw Therapeutic Riding and Activity Center. This is a service opportunity for all girls. We have helped with this in the past, and we look forward to being a blessing to others.
- July 7 – Rescue Mission Service Opportunity – We are still waiting on the confirmation for this, but all 10-12th graders will have the opportunity to serve at the mission!
- July 18 – A day at the Park – This is going to be a chill day for all of the rising 10th through rising 12th graders. The cost will be $5 per person. Come out and enjoy some football, Frisbee, tennis, the pool, and some good food!
- July 21 – Bowling Adventure – On Thursday, July 21st, the Grove will be going to Creekside Lanes to bowl. We will leave the church at 6:45 pm, and go to McDonalds and then bowling. The cost for bowling is $6 per person for all you can bowl for 2 hours and your shoes are included. We will return to the church at 10:20 pm. Also, bring some money for McDonalds.
- July 31 – Pot Luck Leaders Mtg. – If you are serving in the Grove for the 2011-2012 year, we want you at this lunch mtg.
- August 1-3 – Jr. High Girls Beach Trip
- August 1 – Grove guys Event to Nascar Speed Park – The cost will be $26.00 per person.
- August 12-13 – Leadership Retreat – The cost will be $50 per person and ALL leaders are encouraged to attend so we can share the vision for the entire year. The $50 includes zip line, bowling, lodging, and all of your meals.
- August 27 – Winston Salem Dash Game – The cost will be $9 per person.
I hope that you are keeping up with what is happening at Union Grove. I understand that there is a ton going on, and we are trying to keep you as informed as possible as well as keep the cost as low as possible. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website at ugbconline.com. We love and appreciate you, and we hope you enjoy your weekend!!!
In His Service,
Student Pastor, Union Grove Baptist Church