I trust that you are doing well. We had a great service this past Wednesday night. We had a huge crowd for WOL Takeover at the Grove. We had about 190 total people in there for the service. It was awesome. The drama, music, and message were all very powerful. It was great! We saw many decisions made for Christ!
One of the big things that the Grove does is creative discipleship. Creative Discipleship is the program that we use for keeping students accountable for verse memorization, quiet time, faithfulness to church, and community outreach. We keep track from the beginning of the year until the end of the WOL year. At the end of creative discipleship, the students can take a verse test to finalize their creative discipleship. They then get 25% off of their camp price. They also get discounts if the Lord ever leads them to the Bible Institute for college. So, if your student has been faithful with this all year, they can take the verse test on Wednesday, May 18th at 5 pm. Please make sure your student is present at this time!
Operation Getaway is just around the corner! I need all students to sign up for this event by this Wednesday (May 11) with a $10 deposit. You say, what is Operation Getaway? This is a end of the year all night retreat! There will be tons of fun activities to do, and we will be staying at a camp that we rented out! All students are welcome, and you can invite your friends. The total cost is $36 per person and this includes lodging, all of your meals, and your activities. The dates are May 29-30. If you have any questions, let us know. We need you signed up by this Wednesday! Hope you will join us.
We are preparing a separate girls and guys Bible study for the summer, and we are in need of several guy and girl leaders’ homes to have it in. If you would be interested in hosting a Bible study at your home, please let us know. The Bible study will meet either on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. This does not mean you would need to feed the students. We will take care of that part.
Our upcoming events are as follows:
- May 15 – Adult & College Leaders Pot Luck Lunch. The lunch will start at 12:15 pm. I need all leaders to be there to discuss the year. Each leader is responsible for bringing a meat, vegetable or a salad, or a dessert. Please let us know what you are bringing.
- May 18 – Last night of WOL. This will be our last night of WOL for the school year, but don’t worry; Summer Sizzlers will begin on Wednesday, June 1st in the fellowship hall!
- May 25 – Baccalaureate at Union Grove. We will NOT have the Grove on this night. All students will be in the main service supporting our seniors!
- May 29-30 – Operation Getaway – This is our end of the school year overnight retreat. The cost is $36 per person for everything. The dates are May 29-30, and we need you signed up by this Wednesday with a $10 deposit! Hope you will join us.
- June 1 – Summer Sizzlers begins in the fellowship. Summer Sizzlers will be a Bible study that we will hold in the fellowship hall for all going into the 7th grade through graduating seniors. The service will begin at 6:30 pm. We hope to see you there all summer long!
- June 11 – WOL Camp Golf Tournament. You can view the golf tournament flyer on our website (ugbconline.com). You can also download the flyer and the sponsorship information. Honestly, if you work hard on raising money for this tournament, you can pay your camp payment off quickly. I encourage the students to find businesses to sponsor. You can also find people to play for you. You will get $32 directly to your camp expenses if you can get someone to play for you. The cost will be $75 to enter the tournament. The tournament will be held at Olde Homeplace Golf Club. I encourage you to go ahead and begin working on this! All students attending camp will be assigned a time to work on this day as well.
- June 18- WOL Camp Car Wash – The times will be from 8 am – 1 pm. We will have your student sign up for a time. You have to be there to receive a portion of what we make.
- June 20-24 – Vacation Bible School – We will be in need of students to work this. If you are interested, please let me know.
- July 9-16 – WOL Camp. The cost is $279.00 per person. If you are participating in International Teens Involved, there will be a $30 fee for that as well to add on to the $279.00 rate. I encourage all students in our ministry to be a part of WOL Camp. It is not just for Teens Involved students, it is for everyone! I also encourage you to participate in the many fund raisers we are doing so that it will be easier on your wallet come time to pay. You can invite your friends to this event!
- August 12-13 – Leadership Retreat. The cost will be $50 per person and ALL leaders are encouraged to attend so we can share the vision for the entire year. The $50 includes zip line, bowling, lodging, and all of your meals.
- August 27 – Winston Salem Dash Game.
I hope that you are keeping up with what is happening at Union Grove. If you ever have questions or want quick information regarding the Grove, check out our facebook page or check out the website at ugbconline.com. We love and appreciate you. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.