I trust that you are doing well. We had a great service this past Wednesday night. Travis Hartman spoke and did a fantastic job speaking on the wrath and love of God. The students are really responding well and growing in their walk with Christ. Next Wednesday, we are having a BIG night at the Grove. We are doing WOL Takeover. The WOL drama team from Florida will be with us performing some dramas. Also, Brandon Arnold (WOL worship leader at camp in Florida) will be leading worship. Brian Baker (WOL missionary) will be speaking for us! We have challenged every student to bring 1 student with them next week so let’s pack the place out. Please be in prayer for the night.
Remember, regional teens involved is tomorrow! I understand that the JR/SR is tonight for Union Grove. I also understand that the prom at North is tomorrow night. So, we have a lot going on this weekend, but please inform me if your student will not be in attendance. I am expecting everyone to meet us at 9 am at the church to ride over together. There is a mandatory meeting at 9:30 am at Piedmont. I am attaching a schedule for you to follow. All students must be there 30 minutes before their competition. Also, we will need everyone attending to be in the choir as well. So, make sure you are dressed and ready to go this Saturday. If you have not paid your Regional T.I. fee, you can bring it Saturday morning. Don’t forget it. Also, bring $6 for lunch on Saturday as well. We are looking forward to the weekend, see ya there.
Our upcoming events are as follows:
- April 29-30 – Regional Teens Involved – Regional is held at Piedmont Baptist College. On Friday, April 29, the only competition is quizzing. On Saturday, everyone else will be competing. We will be riding over together so we will leave Union Grove at 9 am. There is a mandatory meeting for everyone at 9:30 am. Also, you will need to bring $6 for lunch money on Saturday. Also, if you have not paid your Regional T.I. fee ($15), you need to bring it Saturday morning!
- May 18 – Last night of WOL. This will be our last night of WOL for the school year, but don’t worry; Summer Sizzlers will begin on Wednesday, June 1st in the fellowship hall!
- May 25 – Baccalaureate at Union Grove. We will not have the Grove on this night. All students will be in the main service supporting our seniors!
- May 29-30 – Operation Getaway – This is our end of the school year overnight retreat. This is going to be awesome. Operation Getaway will be held at Victory Mountain Camp in Sophia, NC. It is about 1 hour away. We have rented out the entire camp for just our group. It will be 2 days of nonstop fun! Some of the activities include: fishing, swimming, paddle boating, soccer, basketball tournament, kayaking, canoeing, water games, capture the flag, and much more! The cost is $36 per person. This includes all of your meals, lodging, and activities. We will leave Union Grove at 1 pm on Sunday, May 29 and return at 6 pm on Monday, May 30th. We will have our church service at the camp on Sunday night. I understand that this is graduation weekend, and Memorial Day weekend, but I seriously want you to consider sending your students to this event. You can bring friends to this event. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We are taking signups for this event now. Hope you will join us.
- June 1 – Summer Sizzlers begins in the fellowship. Summer Sizzlers will be a Bible study that we will hold in the fellowship hall for all going into the 7th grade through graduating seniors. The service will begin at 6:30 pm. We hope to see you there all summer long!
- June 11 – WOL Camp Golf Tournament. You can view the golf tournament flyer on our website (ugbconline.com). You can also download the flyer and the sponsorship information. Honestly, if you work hard on raising money for this tournament, you can pay your camp payment off quickly. I encourage the students to find businesses to sponsor. You can also find people to play for you. You will get $32 directly to your camp expenses if you can get someone to play for you. The cost will be $75 to enter the tournament. The tournament will be held at Olde Homeplace Golf Club. I encourage you to go ahead and begin working on this! All students attending camp will be assigned a time to work on this day as well.
- June 18- WOL Camp Car Wash – The times will be from 8 am – 1 pm. We will have your student sign up for a time. You have to be there to receive a portion of what we make.
- June 20-24 – Vacation Bible School – We will be in need of students to work this. If you are interested, please let me know.
- July 9-16 – WOL Camp. The cost is $279.00 per person. If you are participating in International Teens Involved, there will be a $30 fee for that as well to add on to the $279.00 rate. I encourage all students in our ministry to be a part of WOL Camp. It is not just for Teens Involved students, it is for everyone! I also encourage you to participate in the many fund raisers we are doing so that it will be easier on your wallet come time to pay. You can invite your friends to this event!
- August 12-13 – Leadership Retreat. The cost will be $50 per person and ALL leaders are encouraged to attend so we can share the vision for the entire year. The $50 includes zip line, bowling, lodging, and all of your meals.
- August 27 – Winston Salem Dash Game.
I hope that you are keeping up with what is happening at Union Grove. We love and appreciate you. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.