I trust that you are doing well on this Friday morning. Many of you are probably off of work enjoying the day. It is a huge weekend for believers as we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is the thing that separates us from other religions around the world. Our God is RISEN! We are planning on a big day Easter Sunday morning, and if you do not have a home church, we would love for you to come and check out Union Grove. We will have two worship experiences (9 am & 10:45 am) for you to choose from. Come check it out.
We have been doing a series on Wednesday on Sin. WOL has challenged us to study the doctrines of Sin, Salvation, and Man. I have been encouraged to see students making life change decisions each night. I love seeing students at the altar getting things right with God and others. It is great to see students bringing their friends to the altar to pray. We have also seen about 8 students accept Christ as their Savior over the last 2 months so praise the Lord for that!
Well, summer is about here. Can you believe it? Summer is the slow time for student ministry, right? WRONG! Actually we are busy about all of the time throughout the year, but this summer, we are super busy. It shows by the long list of announcements you will find below. We understand that it is a lot, and we want to keep you as informed as possible. You can also view these announcements on our website (ugbconline.com).
Our upcoming events are as follows:
- April 27 – Teens Involved fees ($15) must be turned in
- April 29-30 – Regional Teens Involved – Regional is held at Piedmont Baptist College. On Friday, April 29, the only competition is quizzing. I understand that the JR/SR at Union Grove is that night so we are working around that. You will advance, don’t worry. Missy Hege will be getting with the middle school team, etc and you guys will still need to go and compete. On Saturday, everyone else will be competing. We will be riding over together so we will leave Union Grove at 9 am. There is a mandatory meeting for everyone at 9:30 am. Also, you will need to bring some lunch money for the day.
- May 18 – Last night of WOL. This will be our last night of WOL for the school year, but don’t worry, Summer Sizzlers will begin on Wednesday, June 1st in the fellowship hall!
- May 25 – Baccalaureate at Union Grove. We will not have the Grove on this night. All students will be in the main service supporting our seniors!
- May 29-30 – Operation Getaway – This is our end of the school year overnight retreat. This is going to be awesome. Operation Getaway will be held at Victory Mountain Camp in Sophia, NC. It is about 1 hour away. We have rented out the entire camp for just our group. It will be 2 days of nonstop fun! Some of the activities include: fishing, swimming, paddle boating, soccer, basketball tournament, kayaking, canoeing, water games, capture the flag, and much more! The cost is $36 per person. This includes all of your meals, lodging, and activities. We will leave Union Grove at 1 pm on Sunday, May 29 and return at 6 pm on Monday, May 30th. We will have our church service at the camp on Sunday night. I understand that this is graduation weekend, and Memorial Day weekend, but I seriously want you to consider sending your students to this event. You can bring friends to this event. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We are taking signups for this event now. Hope you will join us.
- June 1 – Summer Sizzlers begins in the fellowship. Summer Sizzlers will be a Bible study that we will hold in the fellowship hall for all going into the 7th grade through graduating seniors. The service will begin at 6:30 pm. We hope to see you there all summer long!
- June 11 – WOL Camp Golf Tournament. You can view the golf tournament flyer on our website (ugbconline.com). You can also download the flyer and the sponsorship information. Honestly, if you work hard on raising money for this tournament, you can pay your camp payment off quickly. I encourage the students to find businesses to sponsor. You can also find people to play for you. You will get $32 directly to your camp expenses if you can get someone to play for you. The cost will be $75 to enter the tournament. The tournament will be held at Olde Homeplace Golf Club. I encourage you to go ahead and begin working on this! All students attending camp will be assigned a time to work on this day as well.
- June 18- WOL Camp Car Wash – The times will be from 8 am – 1 pm. We will have your student sign up for a time. You have to be there to receive a portion of what we make.
- June 20-24 – Vacation Bible School – We will be in need of students to work this. If you are interested, please let me know.
- July 9-16 – WOL Camp. The cost is $279.00 per person. If you are participating in International Teens Involved, there will be a $30 fee for that as well to add on to the $279.00 rate. I encourage all students in our ministry to be a part of WOL Camp. It is not just for Teens Involved students, it is for everyone! I also encourage you to participate in the many fund raisers we are doing so that it will be easier on your wallet come time to pay. You can invite your friends to this event!
- August 12-13 – Leadership Retreat. The cost will be $50 per person and ALL leaders are encouraged to attend so we can share the vision for the entire year. The $50 includes zip line, bowling, lodging, and all of your meals.
- August 27 – Winston Salem Dash Game.
I know that these emails are long, but we want you to be as informed as possible. We love and appreciate you. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.