Communicating to students is very difficult! It can oftentimes be challenging. Sometimes for me, it can be humiliating when I struggle with communicating. I want to give you a few quick ways that I have found to be the best and most effective ways to communicate to students:
- Face to Face- You probably thought that I was going to use a digital way first, because we live in such a digital world. I still believe that a student desires face to face communication as much as anything. If all you do is text and Facebook your kids, the relationship is not as healthy as you may think.
- Texting- this receives the quickest response of any communication method. I send mass texts regularly & encouraging texts such as praying for you, etc. Make sure you have all of your students’ numbers & text them regularly, but not too much or you become annoying
- Facebook- most students are on Facebook so this works well. I know google+ came out & tried to overtake Facebook but it will take a very long time to overtake something as popular as Facebook. Facebook your kids regularly as well as their parents.
- Twitter- honestly my students are majorly into twitter & it is growing. About 60% of my students have a twitter account & use it regularly. I am not sure if your students use it but I have found it extremely useful in communicating to our students.
- Skype- i have not gotten big into this, but it works. My students love skype and use it all of the time.
[Question]: What is the most effective way that you communicate to your students?